Directory
Gardening Blogs
Events
Pick-Your-Own
Discussions
Knowledgebase
Featured Links
Home  >  Vegetables  >  love getting my hand in the soil

There are 2 replies to this message. This thread was viewed 5293.

Topic: love getting my hand in the soil
Post By Ontario Gardening ID: 12878
Thu, Mar 9 at 10:06:52 EST
love getting my hand in the soil
Hi I am new to this forum and I think I will like it.I have had vegetable gardens for years. I even did market gardening.I have all my seeds now and I am just starting them indoors.Where I live it's a very short season so things need to be started early.Is anyone starting any seeds now? Am I the only one that can't wait till spring?
Private Reply to This Post (not viewable by others)
Reply To This Post
Posted By Ontario Gardening ID:12976
Sun, Mar 12 at 11:33:41 EST
Re: love getting my hand in the soil
I just started growing seeds inside. I bought a shelf unit from Home Depot and my husband installed three fluorescent light fixtures for me. I have started tuberous begonias, zinnias, nemesia, datura, stocks and sweet peas. I will buy my veggies. I usually plant a few tomatoes in my perennial borders and herbs in pots.

Reply to This Post
Posted By Ontario Gardening ID:12878
Thu, Mar 16 at 03:42:33 EST
Re: love getting my hand in the soil
Hi
I planted my veg seeds last wk and they are starting to come up already.I have 3 large veg gardens and 100 tomatoe plants to put in.I supplied all the family and friends last year with all the veggies they could eat.Alot of work but I love it.
I am going to start my flower seeds this wk.I think I will try some different things this yr.Not sure what.I do have all the regular anuals that I buy at my local garden centre because I like the instant color and I don't have the room to do it all from seed.I do have a greenhouse frame and I should try to get the plastic on it and get it ready for next year.It seems like the more gardens you make the more you want.
I have 5 acres in haliburton ontario and I am just getting started with the landscaping.Last year I had 3 veg gardens. I also built a large pond and made another 5 flower gardens around that.In the fall I put in alot of spring bulbs and I am looking forward to see the results.
Let me know when your seeds are up and where you live.
Thanks swampview.

Reply to This Post

Copyright © Yasna Inc. 2006. All Rights Reserved